osgmlnorm - An SGML System Conforming to International Standard ISO 8879 -- Standard Generalized Markup Language
osgmlnorm [-Cdemnv] [-bbctf] [-ccatalog] [-Ddir...] [-iname...] [-wwarning...] [sysid...]
osgmlnorm prints on the standard output a normalized document instance for the SGML document contained in the concatenation of the entities with system identifiers [sysid...].
When the normalized instance is prefixed with the original SGML declaration and prolog, it will have the same ESIS as the original SGML document, with the following exceptions:
* The output of osgmlnorm does not protect against the recognition of short reference delimiters, so any USEMAP declarations must be removed from the DTD.
* The normalized instance will use the reference delimiters, even if the original instance did not.
* If marked sections are included in the output using the -m option, the reference reserved names will be used for the status keywords even if the original instance did not.
* Any ESIS information relating to the SGML LINK feature will be lost.
The normalized instance will not use any markup minimization features except that:
* Any attributes that were not specified in the original instance will not be included in the normalized instance. (Current attributes will be included.)
* If the declared value of an attribute was a name token group, and a value was specified that was the same as the name of the attribute, then the attribute name and value indicator will be omitted. For example, with HTML osgmlnorm would output <DL COMPACT> rather than <DL COMPACT="COMPACT">
The following options are available:
This has the same effect as in onsgmls(1).